The next set of keys you need to learn is the Top Row Keys. This is done after mastering the keyboard Home Row Keys.
Watch a review of how you can easily learn the Home Row Keys using Typesy Here.
Finger movement from the Home Row to the Top Row can be daunting for beginners. But with constant Top Row touch typing practice using Typesy, you can easily master it.
From personal experience moving the Pinky Finger from the A key to Q key was the most difficult. But by setting goals and constant practice you will build enough muscle memory that makes it easier to move the fingers to the Top Row and immediately move them back to the Home Row.
You can use Typesy Keyboarding Software if you want an easier way to master the Top Row Keys. Also, the Software’s Real Life demonstrations will help you follow along. Furthermore, with their scientifically developed exercises, you find yourself mastering The Top Row Keys in no time.
The video below is a review demonstration of how to learn The Top Row Keys using Typesy Keyboarding Software.
Click Here to visit the Typesy official website for more information.
What are the Top Row Keys?
Above the Home Row Keys on a QWERTY keyboard are the Ten (10) Top Row Keys.
For the Left-Hand, the keys to learn are Q, W, E, R, and T.
For the Right-Hand, the keys to learn are Y, U, I, O, and P.
On a Dvorak Keyboard, The Top Row Keys are “, ＜, ＞, P and Y for the Left-Hand whiles F, G, C, R and L Keys are meant for the Right-Hand.
Typesy is developed, published, and sold by eReflect. Founded in 2006, eReflect is a world leader in education and self-improvement software.
Click Here to visit the eReflect official website for more information.
1. When typing never look down at the keyboard.
2. You need to learn how to move all 10 fingers to the right keys without looking at the keyboard.
3. Every time your fingers move to strike a key your fingers need to move back to the Home Row immediately.
4. When starting out to touch type as a beginner, never worry about speed. Accuracy is important so that you wouldn’t have to go back editing what you have typed. This is waste of time. Though you will not have 100% accuracy, just aim for about 80% accuracy, which is enough.
5. Practice!!!… (Typesy recommends just 7 minutes a day)
If you liked this video review, you can share with your friends and family. Also, leave your thoughts in the comment section below.